THINGS TO KNOW
- Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery is the second production of the spring 2023 semester.
- Rehearsals run from February 12-April 19, 2023. There will not be any rehearsals over spring break (March 5-11, 2023).
- Performance dates are April 20-23, 2023.
- You can receive course credit for participating in this production. To receive course credit, you will need to register for a course. Please contact Julie Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about this.
ABOUT THE PLAY & CASTING
Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
By Ken Ludwig
Directed by Rebecca Wright
Baskerville is a fast-paced comedy about Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, who must solve the mystery of “The Hound of the Baskervilles” before a family curse dooms its newest heir.
- There are roles for 1 female presenting actor and 4 male presenting actors.
- Ethnicity, age, shape, and race for all characters is open.
- The director has indicated and interest in cross-gender casting, and cis, trans and non-binary actors willing to present as male or female are welcome to audition.
Play Synopsis: Get your deerstalker cap on—the play’s afoot! From multi-award-winning playwright Ken Ludwig comes a fast-paced adventure about everyone’s favorite detective solving his most notorious case. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson must crack the mystery of “The Hound of the Baskervilles” before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Watch as our intrepid investigators try to escape a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises, and deceit as five actors deftly portray more than 40 characters. Does a wild hellhound prowl the moors of Devonshire? Can our heroes discover the truth in time? Join the fun and see how far from elementary the truth can be.
- Auditions will be held from 6:00-9:00 PM on Wednesday, January 11, 2023. Each audition slot is only five minutes. You do not need to be present the entire time! You only need to come for your five-minute audition slot.
- Callbacks will be held from 6:00-9:00 PM on Thursday, January 12, 2023. Callbacks will consist of reading from the play.
- Both auditions and callbacks will take place at the New Theater (536 N. 7th St Terre Haute, IN 47809)
- For casting consideration, you must audition for the play. To reserve your 5-minute audition slot, schedule an appointment at www.isuauditions.com.
- Please prepare a memorized one-minute comedic monologue.
Contact Julie Dixon at email@example.com.